Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July weekend

Hope everyone had a fabulous 4th. We had lots of fun and had something everyday so I'll try to summarize as best as I can.

Friday: Went to St. Peter parade because my relatives (Engesser's) were grand marshalls. My great grandmother's brother, George had a circus and the Engesser's had a brewery in St. Peter so there is a lot of neat history there. It was a really nice time - wish we could have stayed longer but we had the Hawker family shindig in LC. Hard to make everything in one day but at least we are close to each family that we can do both. Went over to Brad's parents to enjoy the beautiful day and then cruised home. . .fell asleep before the fireworks.

Sat: Went out for breakfast and farmer's market. I had a haircut and decided to put in caramel highlights (daring for me!) for the first time. The stylist kept calling me a virgin, haha! Brad took Alayna to the Kasota park and had a blast. Went to Grandpa's to see baby pigs. Alayna tho't they were pretty neat and gave them kisses but didn't care for the squealing so she fed some bigger pigs. We then went over to some friends for a patio party. After putting Al to bed, Brad and I sat out on the deck and enjoyed some cocktails while watching the 3 firework "shows" in the distance. We both had to put on long sleeves and pants because it was actually cool....weird for July but I am definitely not going to complain!

Sun: Brad went fishing with his brothers and brother-in-law.

Al and I hung out at home in the froggie pool and then met them over at Madison Lake. Amy's co-worker has a VERY nice pool so we swam in that until the guys got back. Now we catch up on laundry and some house cleaning and get ready to start another week!

No comments: