Wednesday, April 15, 2009

This week officially SUCKS!

Sorry but that is the best way I can put it and leave out all of the curse words. Monday was the "anniversary" (wish there was a better word for it) of the passing of Brad's brother, Adam. I woke up and he was the first thing in my mind and the day reminded me so much of that terrible morning of April 13, 2002. It was a rough day and probably more so since Bill's health was failing. The next day, 14th (2004), is the day that our niece, Hailey, passed away. She died at 9 days of age in surgery for a rare heart condition. We received a call that Bill was in the hospital again so Brad and I spent the day with him, Deb (Brad's mom) and Amy. It was going ok but he had rattling in his throat and a blood clot in his arm. The ran all kinds of tests, took blood, did CTscans, ultrasounds etc and then drained some fluid. He really struggled to breathe and was not comfortable. We left and then received a call from Deb saying that he wasn't doing well. Bill passed away a little before 4:00am this morning. I still can't believe it. So here we are, April 15th. This better be it......I don't know how much more this family can take in one week! I am so exhausted but just sick to my stomach and sad so I am wide awake. Brad is resting on the couch with Alayna on his chest watching cartoons. She is the best therapy for him right now.

3 comments:

DM Selly said...

Thinking about you guys!

Sue & TJ Hanson said...

Your family is in our prayers.

jaytothesea said...

this is the worst, ariane. you and the whole hawker family are in my thoughts. it will get better because it truly can't get worse. happy memories and peace to you all.