Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

We had a great Mother's Day weekend spending time with both mothers and family! Brad went fishing on Saturday morning while I cleaned and caught up on laundry. Then we cruised to LC to grill out with the Hawkers. Afterwards we walked to the park and watched the boys hit softballs. It rained a bit and a beautiful rainbow came out which made me smile because it felt like Bill had maybe sent it. I felt just a great warmth and sense of love.

Sunday we went to church and grilled out at my parents. Brad cooked wonderful T-bones and Ribeyes, I made calico beans and my mom made rhubarb crisp. Grandpa and Alayna took a trip to see the piggies and then she made Brad take her a couple times. I actually took a nap which felt great! We stopped by Deb's and then decided to eat outside at Mr. Goodcents and visited Highland Park to see my grandma's granite bench and trees. Alayna had a great time going down the slide and swinging. Loved the weekend and sad it has to end but have another exciting week ahead!

No comments: