Monday, September 13, 2010

Successful surprise!

After several months of planning, we pulled off a surprise party for my parent's 40th wedding anniversary! The actual anniversary date is August 1st and we had the party on Saturday, September 11th at the campground in Garden City. It was so much fun to see the look on their faces and watch them enjoy themselves with the ~130+ friends and family. It was a beautiful day! Brad was a HUGE help to me over the months and especially the day before and day of. My aunt, Danette, made the potato salad and my cousin, Becky, made the cake. I had a great time doing the decorations, poem, picture boards and the rest of the food (pulled pork, pasta salad, etc). Friends and family helped "man" the food tables so I could chat with the guests which really meant a lot to me.

The two most common questions I got were: "Do you think your parents know and how are you getting them down here?" We didn't have daycare on Friday so I took the day off and asked if we could borrow their camper for the weekend. They went to the Gophers game Saturday morning which worked well so we could get stuff ready and not worry about them coming down to visit. We then invited them down for supper to grill out which they totally fell for as our parents were completely clueless! It worked out so well I still can't believe it!



No comments: