Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Meltdowns

Alayna has had a couple meltdowns/tantrums when I pick her up. It usually lasts a good 5 minutes then after getting so worked up she just starts to cry so I give her a hug. I know partly is my fault because she probably doesn't go to bed early enough and she never takes naps at daycare. Last Wed night I played volleyball at 7:30. We only had 2 points to get to finish the game. We had a time out and she started to walk on the court. I tried to calmly tell her we were almost finished but she wanted kisses. By that time we were ready to play so I said in just a sec then Brad got her away from the court but it was too late………meltdown!!!! She threw herself down and screamed and cried. Thru her sobs she said, "I just wanted to give mommy kisses". That day again, no nap, she fell asleep on the way home but then got up, ate supper, and off we went to volleyball. The meltdown was bound to happen! I took her out of the gym and gave her hugs then had her fill up my water bottle. She was better and I felt terrible. We talked on the way home that little kids can't go on the court when adults are playing so they don’t get hurt. She said, "Sorry mom I just wanted to give you kisses". She was overtired and going on fumes….poor little sweets. Sometimes we ask so much of her and I forget she is only 3 1/2. We had a talk about the meltdowns at Erica's and this past week she has done great and is so proud of herself for getting dressed and ready while I get Kalyse ready.

No comments: