Sunday, March 20, 2011

More of the girls


Here Alayna is teaching Kalyse how to play Go Fish

Grandpa watched the girls while my mom and I hosted a bridal shower for my cousin in Mankato. Alayna already knows how to dribble and do a jump shot but Grandpa showed her how to do the two handed chest shot. They watched the Final Four and Alayna was wondering when I was coming home so they could watch something else since Grandpa doesn't know how to put in a DVD at our house. She likes to do bank shots and dribble like she is doing a free throw as she explains to me, "This is how they do it on TV". Here she is doing a SLAM DUNK!!
I'm guessing the ONLY 3 year old girl to look through pig magazines in their "spare time". Here she is when we were ready for nap time (TV off, drapes shut, spot on the couch) as she skims through a boar stud catalog that my dad had. She had spent the night at my parents and asked Grandpa if she could take home some of the reading material they had in their bathroom which are PIG magazines. She now knows probably half of the breeds and is sure to tell me what they are since as she puts it "you probably don't know which is a Hampshire and Duroc". She learns things so quickly! One morning on the way to daycare she asked how to spell my name so we went through it a couple times and on the way home that evening she went through it a couple times and now easily spells my name outloud. Now she can spell her name, Brad's, mine and is working on Kalyse. Such a little sponge!

No comments: