Monday, April 18, 2011

ALS Walk

Saturday morning I packed up the girls after putting on several layers of clothing and headed to Mankato for the ALS (Lou Gherig's) walk. My dad tried talking me out of it since it was so cold but after asking people to donate and wanting to walk in my Uncle's honor I really felt we should go even if it was for a few minutes. It was a great turnout and I am proud so many people felt it was important to walk even in the cold. I had the sit and stand stroller so Kalyse was all bundled up in the carrier in the stroller and Alayna sat/stood on the back part. I'm glad I brought that one! We walked the entire 3 miles and got quite the work out pushing about 50 pounds (Kalyse 16, Alayna 34, stroller/car seat 10)! Thanks again to everyone who supported me in the Walk to Defeat ALS!

No comments: