Thursday, April 7, 2011

A pig named...........

As I have mentioned several times, Alayna LOVES pigs! It is no wonder since my dad raises a breed called Spots which are black and white - the prettiest breed in my opinion so she has easy access to them. She has her own boots and makes sure to check all of the pigs when at grandma & grandpa's plus feed the boar, Uga (ooo-ga). For Alayna's birthday, my dad decided to buy her a Chester (white pig) gilt. He told Alayna about it so she made sure to call him and see if he had gotten yet every few days. He purchased one on-line....yes that may seem odd to some but in the showpig world it is not uncommon. The gilt (female pig that has not had piglets) came all the way from Indiana and my parents went to Albert Lea to pick it up on Sunday. Alayna saw it yesterday and was proud to show us. We asked what she was going to name her pig, thinking it might be Olivia or Suzie or Snowflake. Nope, not the case. She named her pig PORK CHOP!

No comments: