Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Family Reunions

July 9th & 10th were busy with family reunions on my dad's side, Belgard & Wilson. Brad worked 6:30-6:30 and wasn't able to make them but the girls and I had fun. It was nice to visit, laugh and hear stories. Our family wanted to get together because my uncle has ALS and we wanted to do this for him. It was special yet sad at the same time. He is an important figure in our family and it is hard for us to see someone who was like Superman get help and have trouble walking. He is my dad's oldest brother and was always the athletic and active person much like my dad. When the tornado hit my parent's farmsite last year he came out and cut down trees for hours. We had worried about him at that time because he had a heart attack but he is tough and definitely stubborn so wouldn't listen to anyone. My dad finally convinced him to go to The Dam near Rapidan for pie so he would stop!



Uncle Harlan, my dad, Uncle Lee

Kalyse hanging out with Uncle Lee. She crawled right to him and stood up by his leg so he lifted her on his lap. Glad my cousin had her camera to capture that :)

No comments: