Thursday, October 6, 2011

Uncle Lee


Lee, Evelyn, Harlan, Harold & little Hugh hugging the dog

Lee (hat on), Hugh


Uncle Lee & Kalyse


Lee, Grandma Belgard, Hugh


Belgard boys: Lee, Grandpa Harold, Harlan, Hugh


Last week I felt the need to write my Uncle Lee a letter and tell him how I felt about him. That I viewed him as my Uncle Lee and see him as the tough, hard working person that I grew up idolizing just like my dad. He has a wonderful sense of humor and a "kid" in him always. He lived a very active lifestyle in farming, golfing, wintering in AZ, playing softball, doing craftshows with my aunt and so much more. ALS has changed those things and his life is quickly coming to an end yet I wanted to tell him that I view him as the guy jumping out a tractor or walking up from our woods after hunting turkey or deer not the person laying in the bed weak and succumbing to the affects of ALS. He is one of the three supermen in my life and always will be. Last Saturday he thanked me for that letter and he appreciated it. I was happy to hear that. Brad told me everyone should get letters like that not just when they are dying because things are often not said which is totally true. I guess we always think people will be here.


This has been difficult on everyone obviously my Uncle and especially my aunt and cousins. Exhausting both emotionally and physically plus devastatingly painful because we know there is no cure and his journey on this Earth will end. We are praying for his pain to end and for God to take his hand and give him peace.

No comments: