Thursday, November 3, 2011

Exploring









A couple weeks ago my dad took Alayna and I out in the woods to explore. It was a bit chilly but didn't matter because it reminded me of going out there when I was younger. Oftentimes, I would venture out by myself to hike (sometimes slide) down the hill, follow the creek to the river and just sit there. It was peaceful, colorful and I enjoyed the sounds of nature. It wasn't rare to actually see a deer or hear turkeys. My dad used to talk with me down there and show me tracks and tell me about how it used to be, farming, stories, etc and that's what we did with Alayna. She loves nature so it was fun and she liked to find "treasures" as she called it. Like an old faucet that was still in the ground or feeders from an old turkey shed. It's nice to take the time to enjoy things like that & I'm glad we can show the girls.

No comments: