Sunday, August 9, 2009

Now it feels like summer

Yes, I am one of "those" meaning that I could sit out in 80-90 degree weather, dripping in sweat and absolutely LOVE it! This past week was ideal to take Alayna to the pool, play VB, go to Ribfest, play SB and hang out at the park. Yep, we did all of the above and went to visit our friends, Katie & Joe, who had a baby boy on Monday!

Friday was our friends, Jen & John's wedding, then SB in Lake Crystal, back to the reception and then to the movie GI Joe since we had a sitter. It was a brilliant plan except we didn't take into account that we would be sleepy after having a couple beers, some popcorn and sitting in a dark movie theatre. We ARE getting old as we both fell asleep at one point or another!

I had my first body wrap on Saturday and a nice relaxing nap in the sauna. I felt great afterwards and my skin is still really soft. In the meantime, Brad went out to my parents to pick up Alayna and then we went to the farmer's market. We had lunch at DQ and went home for a family nap. We had a mellow night and a friend stopped by for a couple beers.

Sunday we got up and a made a nice breakfast for us then we went hiking at Rasmussen Woods. Awesome workout and Alayna had a great time! We were trekking along when I spotted a doe. Alayna was on Brad's shoulders in front of me so I pointed the deer out about 30 yards away and Alayna said, "Whoa, pretty deer". She stood there chewing and staring at us for what seemed to be 10 minutes and then she ran away ever so gracefully! Amazing and so cool to teach Alayna to appreciate nature. We saw other critters and then hiked back. She walked quite a ways but we also gave her piggy back rides and such so I am guessing our lower back and butt will be sore tomorrow..well worth it! Brad & Alayna ate lunch while I met girlfriends in Mankato for a nice lunch then took Alayna to the park. We grilled out, ate supper outside and now winding down for the night. VB, SB and more fairs this week!!! Can you tell I LOVE this time of year?

No comments: