Friday, June 25, 2010

Day of good news and not so good news

Good news......
Results from recent bone marrow biopsy and other tests that were done at Mayo on my dad were given to my parents today. I was really concerned because certain calcium, beta 2 microglobulin and albumin levels made me fear that it was multiple myeloma and considering they did the test for that reason raised my level of concern. Turns out that my dad has a monoclonal gammopathy which shows the presence of abnormal protein in the blood. In most cases people live their whole lives with this and have no problems but it will be monitored every few months to make sure a more serious condition such as cancer does not develop. This was reassuring but the doctors still have NO idea what is causing the red bumps/marks on his skin. They didn't put him on any meds (thank GOD) and think it will eventually go away. We were all relieved and glad God has answered our prayers.

Not so good news.......
The weather tonight was wicked. We sadly missed my boss' 50th birthday party. My parents, who were invited and planning to follow me out, were stuck at our house during the storm. My brother was at home. Turns out they had a couple barns lose the roofs, trees down and other damage. My dad has sows outside and will have to take inventory tomorrow plus see what other damage was done. I am glad my brother is ok. Brad was in Lake Crystal for a softball game and took shelter quickly before the town was hit. There was extensive damage to several homes and farm in the area as well. Tomorrow will be clean up and sounds like more bad weather is on it's way.

1 comment:

DM Selly said...

Thinking of you guys!