Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Baby Hawker update

We are just at the 37 week mark and officially have what is considered a full-term baby, even with three weeks to go according to www.whattoexpect.com. I get email updates from another website (www.parentsconnect.com) and this week's post said: At this point babies vary in size, but the average length is between 19 and 20 inches and most babies weigh approximately 6 pounds. About the size of an average largemouth bass caught in Minnesota by your cousin Earl.

I am now on weekly appointments and doc says the weight gain (28 pounds) and blood pressure (117/62) look great and he's checked me as well. The last couple weeks I was at about 1-2 and 50% thinned out and this Tuesday I have progressed to a 3 and 75% thinned. I perked up a bit when he said that and he quickly said that it still doesn't tell him when I will deliver, haha! I am definitely OK with her "cooking" a while yet or even going past my due date. The doctor said he would only let me go a week over. On Monday, I had the OB pre-admission phone consultation which goes over my health history, previous pregnancy, labor & delivery, social security, birth certificate, certain requests etc. Boy, if that didn't make reality sink in I don't know what will, lol!!! Just hearing a few of those words brought back the whole experience. I am anxious how this time will go and hope that I don't get induced. It's not the end of the world if I do but it would be kinda neat to experience it the natural way of going on my own. I guess we'll wait and see!

Brad & I are super excited and have started washing clothes and getting things organized a.k.a nesting. It's nice to have everything we need already but we have kinda procrastinated a bit to get things washed up and ready to go. The goal in the next week or so is to get carseats washed up and installed, bassinett cleaned, blankets washed, hospital bag packed and cook some meals to freeze.

My main goal was to get the surprise party out of the way, work on a few baby things, get stuff for Sunday School ready (which I am teaching this year) and then finish up baby stuff so we aren't completely off track. Brad has been amazing and is always VERY helpful so I know I can count on him which is a really good feeling.

No comments: