Friday, October 1, 2010

Only when you are pregnant....

can people get away with doing or saying stuff like:
  • Doing a double take or looking at my belly before making eye contact.
  • People ask, “What happened to you?”
  • UPS guy calls me slim.
  • Random guy says, “Whoa you look like you are due any day now”.
  • Drivers that pick up or drop off at work comment about the size of my watermelon.
  • Your relatives tell your husband that his wife is getting a beer belly.
  • Friends comment about how big you have gotten from the week before.
  • Grocery check out lady comments about pregnancy cravings after looking at my odd combination of items like frozen tator tots, strawberry rhubarb pie, waffles and shrimp. I do have a good explanation for this but won’t waste the time typing it!
  • Constantly ask how you are feeling as if they were asking, “well is today the day?”

I know there are several other things but these are the ones that came to mind. I should have written them down over the last few months as there have been some interesting ones and I have been amazed at how rude some things can sound but perhaps not intentionally. When I first started to "show" people didn't say much but as I popped more the comments came out and I have been really tempted to respond by saying, "What? I am not pregnant" just to see their response! It's all in fun tho and "part of the gig".

No comments: