Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year's Eve

It was sure hard to leave the house for work on Friday morning while Brad was feeding Kalyse a bottle and getting Alayna breakfast. I was super busy at work yet knowing they were home all cuddly made the day take F O R E V E R! The best part of the day was our work potluck which had a "S" theme meaning that we each brought something that started with the letter S. I brought strawberries (chocolate covered) and shrimp (on top of cream cheese and cocktail sauce). Our spread also included yummy soup, spinach dip, salsa/chips, salad, souvlaki, samosa and bread. Even after I was stuffed I kept eating which is the whole part of potluck right? But not good since I am trying to lose weight. It was fun tho and we each made several rounds to the front counter for a small plate!

We were planning to stay home for the evening but then got invited to Brad's sister's for pizza, games, etc. They ended getting the same stomach bug so the party was cancelled. When I got home Brad was making Alayna mac & cheese and chicken nuggets and then I made some meatballs, weanies and set out the shrimp. We munched and played games with Alayna then watched a couple movies. We stayed up to watch the ball drop, end the countdown with a kiss and toast our beer & wine to a new year!

No comments: