Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Volleyball!

Monday night I dusted off my volleyball shoes and my ol' skills to sub for a friend's women's team. Holy crap was it ugly! It has been 5 months since I have last touched a volleyball and I swear that pregnancy does a number on your coordination. I played the whole summer when I was as 6, 7, 8 months pregnant and as big as a house and felt pretty good. Maybe I should have stuffed a ball under my shirt then I could have possibly played as well as I did when I was pregnant, haha! My legs shook, my arms felt like I had no muscle to serve and I just felt "awkward".....like when a fawn or colt walk for the first time. My mind was WAY ahead of my feet movement as I was telling myself to GO but my legs were like jello stuck in concrete.

Anyway, I'm done whining about being outta shape and on the positive we went 2-1. I really did have fun and it made me realize how much I miss playing. Sounds like I've been asked back for next Monday and possibly a couple nights for their co-ed. Better start practicing!

No comments: