Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentines Day - flowers, chocolates, singing & Strep!

Sunday we relaxed at home and found out our daycare was closed on Monday due to our provider having Strep. Brad was able to stay home with the girls and he offered to take me out to lunch. This sounded great except I had planned for the local women's quartet to give him a singing valentine at work. I called quickly to explain the situation and they agreed to come to my work instead. It worked out great and he sure got red! The Sweet Adelines also gave him a red rose, card from me and a copy of their CD. I think he was glad they didn't go to his work!!!

Alayna walked in to my work with a vase full of red tulips and heart shaped tin of Linder truffles then we went to Cedars Grille for lunch. When I got home Brad mentioned he hadn't been feeling well and that they all slept quite a bit. I took a flashlight and looked in Alayna's mouth and it was very red, inflammed so I said we better get you two to the doc. Sure enough they both have Strep! Kalyse has a cough but so far no signs of Strep. Our daycare provider was closed on Tuesday too so I stayed home to take care of Kalyse and Alayna while Brad rested. He even had to stay home today and finally about 8pm said he is starting to feel better.

No comments: