Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Bridal shower










Saturday morning my mom and I hosted a bridal shower for my cousin, Laura. We decided to have it at the conference room at the Blue Earth County Historical Society and it worked out really well. Our brunch menu: my mom's famous sausage wontons, 3 different kinds of brunch pizza, sausage sizzlers, mini cupcakes, mini cheesecakes, chocolate covered strawberries and mimosas (champagne and oj) along with water, coffee and oj for beverages. There were about 25 guests and we ate first then did a Mad Lib bridal story which was funny. We had a "Prices Right" game where we set out a couple grocery items and the guests had to guess the total cost. Closest guess got a prize and we marked the bottome of a plate so the guest with that plate also won a prize then Laura opened her gifts. I think everyone had a good time and people were happy to take home the centerpieces I made. Laura's wedding is in May and coming up fast!

No comments: