Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Christmas weekend

We had a very nice Christmas weekend with family and our church program. I teach Sunday School and coordinate the program with others in our church. The Friday before Christmas Eve I had to close so I peeled out at 5pm to pick up Brad and we cruised to Rapidan for our dress rehearsal and pizza party at 5:30. We have a small church so we like to keep it simple so it went fairly quickly.

Christmas Eve day was fairly quiet and then we had program at 5pm. The kids did great and I just LOVED how loud they sang for certain songs like "Go Tell It on the Mountain"! It always reminds me of our programs growing up. After the service, we went to my parents for appetizers and we watched It's a Wonderful Life, a favorite of Brad, my mom and me. Alayna passed out presents and Kalyse as always was in the middle of everything. She even ripped open her presents a bit.

Christmas Day we went to church and back home for a family nap! We went to Grandma Krummel's in Lake Crystal to see Brad's family. The meal was yummy and it was great to see Brad's aunt, uncle and cousins from Wisconsin. Like every year, it went so fast after all the hype!

No comments: