Monday, February 20, 2012

Monkey

One morning I awoke to a small thud and tiny whimper. I jumped from my bed and ran to the girl's room to see little Kalyse sitting on the floor outside of her crib!!! My heart stopped and my stomach turned. How the heck did that little monster get out? So I hoisted her back in and sure enough she showed me her trick. She hiked one foot over the side, put one hand on the end of the crib and another on the side rail and slowly slide down however was unable to hold on so she flopped back in the crib then got up and tried it again. This time she slowly slide down but had nowhere to put her feet so she just released her tiny grip from the crip and dropped a couple feed landing on her butt. I couldn't believe it! When Brad got home from work he dropped the mattress down a notch and we put her back in to test it. Boy was she MAD when she tried to get her leg on the top of the side rail. She hopped up and down and was irritated that we made her escape difficult but that didn't stop her! She then stacked her pillows and it gave her a good few inches in her efforts to get out again. Needless to say we took out one of the pillows. Kalyse is very crafty and determined so I know this is one of MANY times that we will be kept on our toes. She recently learned a "fun" way to climb into Alayna's bed.





No comments: