Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Retirement

Once again I have fallen behind in my blogging, sorry! I want to give a big CONGRATULATIONS to my mom who retired from the full time general manager position at The Land magazine on January 13th after over 20 years with the company. She has filled many hats there and worked hard getting the best agricultural publication out possible. She is not completely retired, however, as she decided to stay on part time to help the new GM get into position. This happens to be a win-win because although my mom is "ready" to retire she is by far "ready" to retire….if that makes sense! She enjoys working but at this point in her life would like to slow down therefore working 20 hours a week. This gives her time to volunteer, travel with my dad and probably her favorite thing: spend time with her granddaughters! She has already been to one field trip to Dairy Queen and planning to help with one next week to Pet Expo. I am sure it is an adjustment but much deserved!

No comments: