Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Alayna at 19.5 months

Alayna rested most of Saturday and then we went over to Erica (daycare provider) and Nathan's house to watch the UFC fight. We had a great time but Sunday wasn't so hot because I got sick so grandma and grandpa picked up Alayna. I slept from 11:30-2 which is not like me at all since I usually only need about 5-6 hours a night. Alayna seemed to be "back to normal" Sunday evening and thankfully Brad didn't get our stomach bug.

Alayna update: This picture shows her getting ready to do one of her favorite things. She brings a laundry basket in the living room, climbs in and says "ride". We usually pad it down with pillows and push it around the house. She loves it however since it is so dry we end up getting shocked but it is so worth it. We definitely get a work out and are usually winded when we stop.

Reading books is another one of her fave's and the one shown in the pic below is one of her top 10. She is getting good at finding objects when we name then or she will say them when we point to them and can make a variety of animal and motorized vehicle noises! Her vocabulary is expanding and she is starting to put words together which is very fun. She loves to say no and oftentimes gets frustrated when we don't understand what she is saying. Her personality is coming through as well and I believe the terrible 2's are just around the corner, oh boy!
As you can tell she is a peanut still. We used to be able to put down anything in front of her and she would eat it but that has changed and has started to get picky. She eats healthy food but just not big portions (I guess its good since obesity is a problem) and I have always grazed/eat small portions rather than 3 big meals. We were concerned about her weight but it basically comes down to genetics. She is 33" and maybe 22 pounds....petite. Looking back at ourselves, we weren't "husky" kids so I should stop worrying about it. I think it is difficult just because people comment about how little she is ALL THE TIME..not once it is usually OVER and OVER! Ok I am done venting.
All in all, we are doing well and looking forward to getting together with family next week for turkey day. Tomorrow is Seth's 32nd birthday (my bro). I don't think we'll see him but will drop off a card before volleyball. I also have an ortho appointment and may find out when I can get braces off. I am guessing sometime next summer but we'll have to see!

No comments: